Thanks to all veterans and your service to the United States!
My father was in the Army in the 1950s, and my brother was a Marine from 1989 - 2010. I am thankful to them and all veterans for protecting our country.
Notice I did not say "protecting our freedom".
Yes, the USA is more free than most countries are, however those freedoms are eroding by the day. The loss of freedoms is a function of fear. The thinking that by giving up freedoms for more security is a scary thing.
I am not saying that we need to have less security to prevent bad things from happening. What I am saying is that we can be more secure without giving up more freedoms. Here's an idea. Why not enforce the current laws we have, rather than make new ones that encroach on freedoms.
Sounds simple, right? Not so much. What happens is that people want to see something done about bad things happening. In the end, some people perceive that nothing is happening if we don't pass a new law or step up enforcement. I am saying that we should do the latter before we craft new laws.
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment